| | Beliefs |
The national body of the U. S. Assemblies of God (www.ag.org) was founded in 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas with 300 people at the founding convention. Today there are more than 12,800 churches in the U.S. with over 3 million members and adherents. There are more than 65 million Assemblies of God members worldwide, making the Assemblies of God the world’s largest Pentecostal fellowship.
The District Council of the Assemblies of God of South Carolina, one of 64 District Councils nationwide, was incorporated on October 19, 1953, in Georgetown, South Carolina. Before it became a distinct, geographical district, it was part of what was then the Georgia-South Carolina District of the Assemblies of God.
The District Council headquarters is located at 101 Medical Circle, Suite B, West Columbia, South Carolina 29169. The telephone number is (803) 936-0541. The fax number is (803) 936-1570.
Today, the South Carolina District Council consists of about 100 assemblies (churches). One of its primary emphases is planting new assemblies throughout the State with a goal to establish 34 new congregations by the year 2020. This includes the revitalization of older churches. Another principal emphasis is world evangelization by making disciples of all nations. For this reason, the District Council is committed to raising up and sending forth missionaries to the United States and people groups around the globe.
5 Core Values of the Assemblies of God:
1. Passionately proclaim by word and deed, at home and abroad, Jesus as Savior, Baptizer in the Spirit, Healer, and Soon Coming King
2. Strategically invest in the next generation
3. Vigorously plant new churches
4. We, the General Council, skillfully resource the fellowship
5. Fervently pray for God’s favor and blessing as we serve Him with pure hearts and noble purpose